Train with Crystal
Crystal B. Smith, MBA, NASM CPT/Owner @ Crystal’s Fitness LLC
- Over 15 years of experience in health & fitness, including group exercise instruction, personal training, specialty classes (cycling, hip-hop, slide, aqua fitness, and more)
- Education: Master of Business Administration (General)-Kaplan University and Bachelor of Science in Community Health-University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Certifications: International Sports Sciences Association -Certified Personal Trainer, American College of Sports Medicine-Certified Personal Trainer (CPT -pending renewal) & National Academy of Sports Medicine-CPT (Personal training/Group Exercise, pending renewal) and CPR w/ AED **Pending NASM CES & FNS Specializations
- Experience in Commercial, University, Non-Profit, and Corporate Fitness settings, involving: submax bike testing, blood pressure screening, heart rate monitoring, body fat testing, girth measurement testing, and monitoring special population
- Personal Trained/Taught fitness classes for Lifetime Fitness, XSport Fitness, Univ. of IL, Decatur Athletic Club, Decatur YMCA, DISC, NY Sports Club, Salomon Smith Barney, Verizon Corporate Fitness Center, and various fitness clubs in Brooklyn, NY.
- Highlights of career: Tested Body Fat of NY’s Radio City Music Hall’s Rockettes; feature instructor in 25 min. kickboxing show on Brooklyn NY local channel BCAT (fall 2000); and ran Chicago (2004) and Brooklyn half marathon (2001). Placed 3rd in Ironman NPC Figure Competition (Dec. 05). Competed in IL NPC –figure tall May 2006. Contributing fitness writer to JSignature E-Magazine (2011-2015).
- Philosophy: “My goal is to make sure YOU achieve YOURS”. I believe in achieving total body fitness and living a healthy lifestyle.
- My long-term goal is to open up my own fitness studio with both online and onsite capabilities. I love helping and working with people.
- I specialize in weight loss/gain, strength training, body sculpting/toning, flexibility, and special populations -pre-post-natal, adult/child obesity, diabetic, high blood pressure.
In Health & Fitness,
Crystal B. Smith